|M.A.||Workplace, Community, and Continuing Education||36||N/A|
|Texas State Certificate||Adult English as a Second/Foreign Language||18||N/A|
Graduate College Deadlines*
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. International applicants, please visit our international web pages for additional requirements.
- completed online ApplyTexas application
Review the instructions for submitting your ApplyTexas application.
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international evaluation fee (if applicable)
Effective Fall 2019 and beyond
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Review the instructions for submitting your application fee(s).
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts required from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus and completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed graduate course work (if applicable)
Review the instructions for submitting your official transcripts.
For the Spring 2018 term and beyond:
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- current resume/CV
- writing sample as specified:
- Discuss a major issue currently confronting adult education. You are strongly encouraged to draw on your own experiences in education in writing this essay. Please detail your own position on the subject and limit your response to 1000 words.
- three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional work, including at least one supervisor
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall and minimum individual module scores of 19
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.
To schedule an appointment for an interview, please email Dr. Clarena Larrotta AFTER completing the application process.