Texas State University Logo
San Marcos Tour Map
San Marcos Tour Stops
RRHEC Tour Maps
J. C. Kellam, Suite 860
Phone: 512.245.1555
Fax: 512.245.8153

Tour Guide

Join the Conversation

adjust type sizemake font smallermake font largerreset font size

Taylor-Murphy History Building

Taylor-Murphy Hall photo

Taylor-Murphy, built in 1951, is one of Texas State’s most beautiful buildings, complete with a mosaic-tiled central courtyard and fountain.
It is home to the Department of History and the Center for Texas Music History, which studies and preserves Texas and Southwestern music. The center hosts Texas History Unplugged, a concert series featuring well-known Texas musicians such as Ray Benson and Marcia Ball.