Texas State University Logo
San Marcos Tour Map
San Marcos Tour Stops
RRHEC Tour Maps
J. C. Kellam, Suite 860
Phone: 512.245.1555
Fax: 512.245.8153

Tour Guide

Join the Conversation

adjust type sizemake font smallermake font largerreset font size

Strahan Coliseum

Strahan Coliseum photo

Strahan Coliseum is the university’s 7,200-seat gymnasium. The name is pronounced "Stran" (rhymes with "bran") and honors Oscar W. “Oskie” Strahan, the college’s first professional coach. Strahan was instrumental in the construction of the university’s first gym in 1921. Basketball games, commencement and the university ring ceremonies are just a few of many events held at the coliseum.