Texas State University Logo
San Marcos Tour Map
San Marcos Tour Stops
RRHEC Tour Maps
J. C. Kellam, Suite 860
Phone: 512.245.1555
Fax: 512.245.8153

Tour Guide

Join the Conversation

adjust type sizemake font smallermake font largerreset font size

Fighting Stallions

Fighting Stallions statue

The Fighting Stallions statue is located on the west end of the Quad in the plaza between Derrick Hall and the Evans Liberal Arts Building. The 17-foot-high sculpture was a 1951 gift from noted sculptor Anna Hyatt Huntington and husband Archer Huntington. Texas State students have made it a tradition to rub the stallions before exams for luck. The area surrounding the statue is the university's designated free speech area.