Texas State University Logo
San Marcos Tour Map
San Marcos Tour Stops
RRHEC Tour Maps
J. C. Kellam, Suite 860
Phone: 512.245.1555
Fax: 512.245.8153

Tour Guide

Join the Conversation

adjust type sizemake font smallermake font largerreset font size

Old Main

Old Main photo

This red-roofed, castle-like landmark was Texas State’s first building — and until 1908, the only campus structure. Designed by architect E. Northcraft, Old Main was built in a style known as Victorian Gothic. It houses the College of Fine Arts and Communication’s Advising Center and the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. It’s also the home of the university’s award-winning radio station, 89.9 KTSW.