The Alumni House is one of the oldest buildings on the Texas State campus and home to the Texas State Alumni Association. The Victorian-style family home was built in 1896 by a German craftsman. In the 1920s, the owner of the house rented rooms to Texas State students. Among those students was future U.S. President Lyndon Baines Johnson, who lived in the house for two semesters. House furnishings include the actual desk and chair used by President Johnson when he signed the Higher Education Act on the Texas State campus in 1965.