Application for Exchange
► Application Deadline: February 25, 2014
Items to include with this online application:
- Reference Form (attached or presented in person at NSE office)
- Unofficial Transcript (attached or presented in person at NSE office)
- Nonrefundable Application Fee: $190 (presented in person at the NSE office after completing application). Fee may be paid in cash or by check or money order payable to "National Student Exchange."
- Signature for documents (completed in person at the NSE office)
The application is not considered complete until the fee has been paid and documentation has been signed in person.
Prior to completing this application, read the NSE eligibility requirements, policies, and procedures. These can be found in the NSE Directory online (pdf) or in person at the NSE office.
In the event that your browser will not allow you to complete this form online, you can download a hard copy to complete and present in person: NSE Application for Exchange
Lisa Chrans, NSE Coordinator
Texas State University
University College UAC #144
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
Scholastic and Other Information
For assistance with financial aid (Plan A & B) you can meet with Dr. Byron Kerr at the JCK building, room 220, or contact him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the spaces below, list in priority order the institutions you wish to attend and the tuition payment plan(s) you could use. There are spaces alotted for up to five institutions.
Tuition Payment Plans:
Plan A: You pay in-state/resident tuition/fees to your host campus
Plan B: You pay your normal tuition/fees to your home campus
Special Needs or Circumstances
If you have a physical condition for which accessible, on-campus housing or classroom accommodation might be needed; a documented disability which may require academic accommodation (e.g., note-takers, taped texts); a medical condition which might require immediate attention during exchange; or a condition which might affect emotional or mental well-being during exchange, you are encouraged to identify your needs by attaching a separate page indicating the nature and extent of your circumstances and arrangements which are currently being made for you on this campus. Also indicate whether or not we may contact your requested host campuses at this time. NSE does not discriminate on the basis of special needs. Rather, your disclosure at this stage of the application process is invited in order to assist you in identifying a placement site which can provide reasonable accommodation of your needs. Following placement, it is your responsibility to consult the host campus coordinator and ADA officer to determine the deadlines by which you must submit written, current, and professionally documented information as required by your host campus.
If you plan to exchange to a campus in Puerto Rico, you must be certified for proficiency in Spanish. If English is not your first language, for all other NSE locations you must demonstrate proficiency in English. Language proficiency must be determined prior to placement.
Recommendation / Reference
Download the NSE Reference Form to be completed by the reference listed on form (in fields below):
Click here to download file (opens in new window)
List the individual who is submitting the attached reference for you.
Release of Information
The collection, retention, and dissemination of your records and information about you are subject to federal regulation under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. You are responsible for specifying the persons or agents who have access to your records. Therefore, it is necessary that we obtain your permission to request and release information pertinent to your exchange. Please read the following statements. You will sign an official release at the NSE Office after completion of your application.
- I understand that it will be necessary for my campus to obtain certain information about my academic and non-academic record in order to: 1) ascertain my eligibility and suitability for an exchange through NSE, and 2) facilitate my exchange after it is arranged. I hereby grant permission to the NSE coordinator and/or designee to obtain information that is appropriate to my application and participation in the exchange including, but not limited to, letters of recommendation, permanent academic records and transcripts, conduct, fiscal records, medical records, all for the purposes of exchange placement and participation, continuation, or termination.
- I give permission to the NSE coordinator and/or designee to contact appropriate personnel in order to verify that I am under no disciplinary action for violation of codes of academic and student conduct and/or that I have no judicial cases pending which would invalidate my eligibility for exchange.
- I hereby release information contained in my application, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and other information required as part of the NSE application process to my home NSE Coordinator, designee, and those individuals/committees responsible for reviewing and approving my application for exchange participation.
- I hereby give permission for the information contained in my application to be submitted on NSE’s restricted, Web-based placement site for the use of the home and host campuses and the NSE Central Office in placement and record-keeping processes.
- I hereby release information contained in my application, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and other information required as part of the NSE application process to the National Student Exchange Central Office and to the NSE host institution at which I am placed.
You will sign an official statement at the NSE Office after completion of your application. It will attest to the following:
I have read and fully understand information on eligibility, policy, and procedures presented in the NSE Directory (found in the NSE office & the NSE website).
I further understand that:
- participating in the National Student Exchange is a privilege and not a right.
- submitting an application is not a guarantee of application acceptance or placement.
- failure to maintain (prior to and during my exchange) all of the eligibility requirements of the program (including maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA) will result in the cancellation of my exchange.
- failure to pay all financial obligations to my home and host campuses will result in the cancellation of my exchange.
- I also understand that until financial obligations are met, my home and host campuses will not release transcripts; and I will not be permitted to re-enroll at, or graduate from, my home campus.
- Texas State and my host institution will require completion of specific steps prior to exchange, and I agree to complete these requirements in a timely and responsible manner or forfeit my privilege to exchange. This includes completing an advising agreement form prior to exchange.
If accepted for participation in the National Student Exchange, I agree to adhere to all the rules and regulations of both my home and host institutions. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of my exchange.
I affirm that all information is complete, accurate, and true to the best of my knowledge. I acknowledge that I am signing freely, voluntarily, and under no compulsion.