Become a Veteran Guide
- Minimum Texas State GPA of 3.0
- Honorable discharge from service
- TXST student for minimum of 2 semesters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An active and involved member of the Texas State Community
- Active members of VATS preferred
- Attend a weekly meeting with the Veteran Guide Coordinator
- Help students become familiar with university resources; advise and refer students to appropriate university resources as the need arises
- Schedule one face-to-face meeting with student veterans each week
- Hold office hours outside of class
- Record contact and submit Weekly Activity Sheets
- Participate in all Veteran Guide trainings
- Attend and encourage attendance at VATS and Campus Veteran events and activities
Veteran Guides receive a wage of $9.25/hour and work 5 to 20 hours a week.
Complete Online Application HERE.
Submit two reference forms (one from faculty or previous supervisor and one from student or community veteran). Please have references; use link HERE.
Following review of all applications, interviews will be scheduled with those individuals whose applications pass the screening process.