Join the Conversation
- If taking an exam at a testing center other than Texas State, list Texas State as a score recipient. It is your responsibility to stay in contact with TREC to make sure that score reports are received.
- Be certain that the exam you are taking is acceptable for credit at Texas State or any other institution you may plan to attend.
NOTE: Not all credit examinations are accepted at Texas State. Decisions concerning credit-by-examination vary across institutions.
- If you wish to take a credit examination at Texas State, inquire at TREC for test dates and times as well as registration deadlines.
- Students with documented disabilities can receive special testing accommodations by working through the Office of Disability Services, except for examinees taking the THEA-IBT or utilizing our proctored exam service. If taking the THEA-IBT, arrangements for accommodations must be made through Pearson Evaluation Systems. See our THEA-IBT page for more info. If you are using our proctored exam service, you will need to make arrangements for accommodations with the institution for which you are testing. The nature of the accommodations are determined on an individual student basis. However, such accommodations must not alter what the test is intended to measure.
- For more detailed information or answers to questions regarding credit by examination, stop by the TREC office located in Commons Hall, first floor (room G4) or call 512.245.2276.