ATSD Layout and Services Available
ATSD can seat a total of 44 students at one time. The testing area is broken-up into smaller testing rooms consisting of either cubicles or private rooms with counter tops.
- 37 Reduced distraction cubicles for test administration
- Testing rooms hold anywhere from three to nine cubicles.
- Testing rooms are monitored on two large screens by proctors using video cameras
- Students can be record while testing.
- Additional rooms are scheduled on campus during high volume testing periods (mid-terms and finals). If this occurs, the proctor monitors students testing in person.
- 7 private rooms with desktop computers (One computer is a MAC)
- All computers have standard software
- All computers have SPSS loaded
- 3 computers have ZoomText loaded
- 3 computers have JAWS loaded
- 2 CCTVs (One larger version on an rolling cart and one arm than can be used with ZoomText.)
- Upon student request, ATSD will emboss academic tests to Braille.
- 5 Laptops with standard software
- 3 MP3 players for foreign language academic tests
- 28 lockers for personal items to be stored while the student is testing
Example of testing accommodations, determined by ODS, may include but is not limited to:
- Extended testing time
- Reduced distraction environment
- Large print
- Use of a computer with grammar and spellcheck
- Use of adaptive technologies
ATSD can provide if needed:
- Pen and Pencil
- Scantron and Blue Book
- 4-function calculator
- Headphones or Earplugs
- Scratch Paper