ATSD Testing Center Services
The ATSD Testing Center can seat as many as 57 students for testing. In order to provide student clients with a reduced distraction environment for testing, the lower level of Commons Hall is a cell phone free zone. Our facility is also equipped with a sound-masking system and students are offered the use of noise-cancelling headphones or ear plugs during testing.
During busy testing days and finals week, ATSD is not able to accommodate all exams in the office and will use various locations across campus to provide testing accommodations. Students will be notified by email if you are assigned to take your exam or quiz in an alternate location.
ATSD testing is monitored by ATSD staff, proctors, and surveillance cameras and software to insure that students are following the Texas State Honor Code and to insure the academic integrity of all exams. All testing rooms are monitored on closed-circuit television. We also use Lanschool for students who need to take internet based exams. This software only allows students to access the website(s) and application(s) needed to take the exam and does not allow students to navigate to any other website or application.
Assistive Technology Available
- JAWS-screen reading software for whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse.
- Kurzweil-Text-to-speech software utilized by sighted students with ODS approved accommodations for Readers
- ZoomText-screen magnifying software that requires Microsoft Word format for an exam
- CCTV-a machine that magnifies paper documents for students with low vision
- Braille Sense Notetaker
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) determines testing accommodations that may include, but are not limited to:
- Extended testing time
- Reduced distraction environment
- Large print exams
- Use of a computer with grammar and spell check
- Use of adaptive technologies
Testing at Round Rock Campus
Texas State University course assessments can be taken at either campus. If you would like to take an assessment at the Round Rock campus, you will have to coordinate with the Texas State Round Rock Campus Testing Center. Click the following link to obtain information related to testing at the Round Rock Campus: http://www.rrc.txstate.edu/resources/osc/testing