Michelle Grace Piersol is RFSA's Spring 2015 Scholarship Recipient
Michelle Grace Piersol graduated from the Katherine Anne Porter High School in Wimberley and is currently a senior at Texas State in the College of Liberal Arts. Michelle is majoring in English with a minor in History and plans to graduate in December 2015. She would like to teach English at her old high school. She has been involved with the Quidditch Club and PSF, Texas State Women's Choir, is an active member of the Wimberley Players and currently is a Rotex of the Rotary International Youth Exchange Program. Michelle's parents are Mark Piersol, who is a technology programmer at Texas State, and Pari Sandage, who is a consultant in San Marcos. Both are Texas State graduates. Her grandparents (pictured above) are RFSA members Darrell and Barbara Piersol.
· Recipient(s) should be enrolled at Texas State University for a minimum of 12 hours per semester for undergraduate students and a minimum of 6 hours per semester for graduate students.
· Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for freshmen, 3.25 for continuing and transfer students, and 3.5 for graduate students.
· Entering freshmen must be in the top 25 percent quartile of their graduating class.
· Consideration will be given to students with a financial need as documented through the Texas State Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
· Consideration will be given for documented leadership, extra-curricular activities and community service.
Preference will be given to a family member of a faculty or staff retiree of Texas State University, although all applicants will be considered.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship may download the RFSA Scholarship Application below and mail the completed form to:
Click to access the https://scholarships.txstate.edu
Texas State University
Attn: Debra Christian
601 University Drive, JCK 914
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Applications should be submitted no later than August 1, 2015 for the fall 2015/spring 2016 academic year. For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014-2015 recipients Savannah Perez and Casey Jackson
Jaclyn A. Contreras
Thomas Ortiz Moerke
Daniel Curtis Klinge