Meet the 2014/2015 Retired Faculty & Staff Association
Savannah Perez (left) is a 2014 graduate of San Marcos High School who ranked in the top 15 percent of her graduating class. Savannah was a member of the National Honors Society and a student intern at DeZavala Elementary School. She was a student manager for the Lady Rattler Soccer team. Savannah’s goal is to pursue studies leading to teacher certification in the College of Education. Savannah’s parents are Melba and John Perez. John is currently employed with the Department of Facilities Management at Texas State.
Casey Jackson (right) is a 2014 graduate of San Marcos High School. Casey was a member of the National Honors Society, Key Club, Interact Club, HOSA, and the Choir Council. She was a member of the Varsity Choir, lettering three years and serving in several leadership positions. Casey also found time to help others by participating in Relay for Life, Feeding the Homeless and more. Casey’s mother is Lynnette Jackson and grandparents Bill and Bonnie McClellan. Bonnie is an RFSA member.
· Recipient(s) should be enrolled at Texas State University—San Marcos for a minimum of 12 hours per semester for undergraduate students and a minimum of 6 hours per semester for graduate students.
· Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for freshmen, 3.25 for continuing and transfer students, and 3.5 for graduate students.
· Entering freshmen must be in the top 25 percent quartile of their graduating class.
· Consideration will be given to students with a financial need as documented through the Texas State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
· Consideration will be given for documented leadership, extra-curricular activities and community service.
Preference will be given to a family member of a faculty or staff retiree of Texas State University, although all applicants will be considered.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship may download the RFSA Scholarship Application below and mail the completed form to:
Click to access the RFSA Scholarship Application.
Texas State University-San Marcos
Attn: Kimberly Garrett
601 University Drive, JCK-480
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Applications should be submitted no later than August 1, 2015 for the fall 2015/spring 2016 academic year. For additional information please email email@example.com
Jaclyn A. Contreras
Thomas Ortiz Moerke
Daniel Curtis Klinge