Meet the 2013/2014 Retired Faculty & Staff Association
Ø Jaclyn A. Contreras, a 2006 graduate from San Marcos High School. Jaclyn received her undergraduate degree in Recreational Administration from Texas State and is currently a graduate student. She worked for the Ingram School of Engineering and Campus Recreation Department as an office assistant 2007-2011 and interned for the City of San Marcos Parks and Recreation Department in 2010. She is currently interning for the University Interscholastic League (UIL). Jaclyn’s grandfather is Frank Contreras who is the Director of the Center for Migrant Education at Texas State.
Ø Thomas Ortiz Moerke is also from San Marcos. Thomas is a sophomore majoring in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance. Thomas is active with the Associated Student Government and is a member of the Freshman Council, Community Affairs committee, the Student Foundation and Austin Chapter of Safari Club International. While Thomas is very involved in extracurricular activities, he has been on the Dean’s List fall 2012 and spring 2013. Thomas’ parents are Rob and Mary Ann Moerke. Rob is a recent retiree and Mary Ann works in the Dean of Students Office.
· Recipient(s) should be enrolled at Texas State University—San Marcos for a minimum of 12 hours per semester for undergraduate students and a minimum of 6 hours per semester for graduate students.
· Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for freshmen, 3.25 for continuing and transfer students, and 3.5 for graduate students.
· Entering freshmen must be in the top 25 percent quartile of their graduating class.
· Consideration will be given to students with a financial need as documented through the Texas State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
· Consideration will be given for documented leadership, extra-curricular activities and community service.
Preference will be given to a family member of a faculty or staff retiree of Texas State University, although all applicants will be considered.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship may download the RFSA Scholarship Application below and mail the completed form to:
Click here tmp/fckeditor/5aa82bc0-1796-11e2-86c1-452e12a17ef2/RFSA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION_13.14.doc to access the RFSA Scholarship Application.
Texas State University-San Marcos
Attn: Kimberly Garrett
601 University Drive, JCK-480
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Applications should be submitted no later than August 1, 2014 for the fall 14'/spring 15' academic year. For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Cody Ransome
Ms. Kaylyn Perry
Daniel Curtis Klinge