Details of this scholarship program are contained in a memorandum of understanding with the University which provides for the following criteria:
· Recipient(s) should be enrolled at Texas State University for a minimum of 12 hours per semester for undergraduate students and a minimum of 6 hours per semester for graduate students.
· Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for freshmen, 3.25 for continuing and transfer students, and 3.5 for graduate students.
· Entering freshmen must be in the top 25 percent quartile of their graduating class.
· Consideration may also be given to students with a financial need as documented through the Texas State Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
· Consideration will be given for documented leadership, extra-curricular activities and community service.
Preference will be given to a family member of a faculty or staff retiree and secondary to a family member of a current faculty or staff member of Texas State University, although all applicants will be considered, if remaining scholarships are available.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship may may apply electronically for the RFSA Scholarship at the following link: https://txstate.academicworks.com
Applications should be submitted no later than August 1, 2017 for the fall 2017/spring 2018 academic year For additional information please email email@example.com.
Cassandra Cantu is a Senior majoring in Construction Science & Management. This will be her second undergraduate degree, having earned a B.S. in Architecture from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Cassandra is the daughter of Gustavo Cantu, Jr. who is a current employee employed at Texas State as an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist and Cruz Cantu.
Hannah Hoffmann is a sophomore majoring in Public Relations and Mass Communication with a minor in Marketing. Hannah is from San Marcos and has grown up with Texas State in her backyard and she continues the three generation legacy by attending Texas State. She is a Chi Omega and has dedicated her time to being a YoungLife leader for middle schools in San Marcos. She plans to graduate in 2018 and hopes to work for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Hannah is the daughter of Debra and Gary McBryde and the granddaughter of RFSA members Keith and Patti Hoffmann.
Rusti Wade is a junior majoring in Public Relations and Mass Communication with a minor in Theatre. Rusti is co-director of the Animal Committee of H.E.A.T., an organization dedicated to using positive activism to improve human, environmental and animal welfare issues. She’s also been involved in the river clean- up project and recycling at large scale events such as Sights & Sounds of Christmas. Rusti is the daughter of Staci Wade who is currently employed as a Distribution Specialist in Student Business Services at Texas State.
Jaclyn A. Contreras
Thomas Ortiz Moerke
Daniel Curtis Klinge