Details of this scholarship program are contained in a memorandum of understanding with the University which provides for the following criteria:
· Recipient(s) should be enrolled at Texas State University for a minimum of 12 hours per semester for undergraduate students and a minimum of 6 hours per semester for graduate students.
· Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for freshmen, 3.25 for continuing and transfer students, and 3.5 for graduate students.
· Entering freshmen must be in the top 25 percent quartile of their graduating class.
· Consideration may also be given to students with a financial need as documented through the Texas State Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
· Consideration will be given for documented leadership, extra-curricular activities and community service.
Preference will be given to a family member of a faculty or staff retiree and secondary to a family member of a current faculty or staff member of Texas State University, although all applicants will be considered, if remaining scholarships are available.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship may may apply electronically for the RFSA Scholarship at the following link: https://txstate.academicworks.com
Applications should be submitted no later than August 1, 2017 for the fall 2017/spring 2018 academic year For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2017 RFSA Scholarship Recipients
Lori Hoffmann is a senior majoring in Exercise and Sports Science with a concentration in Pre-Physical Therapy. She has been on the Dean’s List every semester at Texas State. Lori is a graduate of College Station High School and the daughter of Clint and Debbie Hoffmann of College Station and the niece of RFSA members Patti and Keith Hoffmann of Staples.
Shane Rowe is a freshman Music Education major and member of the Bobcat Marching Band, Texas State Symphonic Winds and Tuba/Euphonium Studio. Shane is an Eagle Scout and volunteers as a Troop Adult Leader. He also works for the ITAC office on campus. Shane, a graduate of San Marcos High School, is the son of RFSA members Scott and Angela Rowe of San Marcos.
Alexandra Hargett is a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a focus of Technical Production concentrating in costume design. Alexandra has made the Dean’s list the past two semesters maintaining a 4.0 GPA. Alexandra is the daughter of Michael and Janet Hargett of Cedar Park, and niece of RFSA member Sheila Hargett of San Marcos.
Former RFSA Scholarship Recipients
Jaclyn A. Contreras
Thomas Ortiz Moerke
Daniel Curtis Klinge