RFSA has awarded 19 scholarships for a total of $23,750 since 2009.
Details of this scholarship program are contained in a memorandum of understanding with the University that provides for the following criteria:
· Recipient(s) should be enrolled at Texas State University for a minimum of 12 hours per semester for undergraduate students and a minimum of 6 hours per semester for graduate students.
· Recipients must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for freshmen, 3.25 for continuing and transfer students, and 3.5 for graduate students.
· Entering freshmen must be in the top quartile (25 percent) of their graduating class.
· Consideration may also be given to students with a financial need as documented through the Texas State Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
· Consideration will be given for documented leadership, extra-curricular activities and community service.
The Retired Faculty & Staff Association is offering
three $2000 scholarships for the
upcoming academic year.
The First Preference will be given to a retired faculty or staff relative. The Second Preference will be to a relative of a current faculty or staff member of Texas State University.
Apply on line – to the B.O.S.S. System @
Applicants must have been admitted to Texas State University and have already received a net ID. Deadline for accepting applications online is June 30, 2018.
RFSA thanks University Federal Credit Union for their contribution to our scholarships.
For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2017 RFSA Scholarship Recipients
Lori Hoffmann is a senior majoring in Exercise and Sports Science with a concentration in Pre-Physical Therapy. She has been on the Dean’s List every semester at Texas State. Lori is a graduate of College Station High School and the daughter of Clint and Debbie Hoffmann of College Station and the niece of RFSA members Patti and Keith Hoffmann of Staples.
Shane Rowe is a freshman Music Education major and member of the Bobcat Marching Band, Texas State Symphonic Winds and Tuba/Euphonium Studio. Shane is an Eagle Scout and volunteers as a Troop Adult Leader. He also works for the ITAC office on campus. Shane, a graduate of San Marcos High School, is the son of RFSA members Scott and Angela Rowe of San Marcos.
Alexandra Hargett is a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a focus of Technical Production concentrating in costume design. Alexandra has made the Dean’s list the past two semesters maintaining a 4.0 GPA. Alexandra is the daughter of Michael and Janet Hargett of Cedar Park, and niece of RFSA member Sheila Hargett of San Marcos.
Former RFSA Scholarship Recipients
Jaclyn A. Contreras
Thomas Ortiz Moerke
Daniel Curtis Klinge