WHY JOIN RFSA?
The RFSA Advisory Board has been pondering this question: Why should one join the Retired Faculty and Staff Association at Texas State University? We are frankly puzzled why more, if not all, Texas State retirees do not join RFSA.
• We have considered that some retirees may now simply want to be “uninvolved” with anything associated with Texas State. If this is the case, we wish you well.
• We understand one’s desire to take a break for a period of time.If this is the case, belonging to RFSA requires nothing of you but completing the simpleapplication.
•We understand some of you may be concerned that joining may allow for undesired solicitation from University Advancement. If this is the case, and you receive a solicitation and do not wish to give back – just politely say “no”.
YOU NEED RFSA AND RFSA NEEDS YOU!
YOU NEED RFSA because…
RFSA is the official association for retirees from Texas State and as such represents YOU to the University. And, members are provided some pretty interesting and diverse activities along the way.
Did you know?
Representatives from RFSA were on the committee when the UPPS on
Retiree Benefits was last revised and were instrumental in
• securing free parking passes for all retirees;
• securing the Retired Faculty and Staff Sports Pass;
• having your contact information listed -- if desired-- online and in phone
• retaining your NetID (Texas State email address), which allows you to
access various Alkek Library services and Technology Resources.
Did you know?
• RFSA is represented on the Bobcat Pause Committee and had the honor to dedicate the first faculty plaque in the Memorial Garden to past Advisory Board member Dr. Peter Coulson.
• RFSA members attend and monitor both the Faculty Senate and Staff
Council meetings giving input and feedback on issues that might affect
• RFSA raised the funds to award a scholarship to a deserving Texas
State student in only its second year.
The RFSA NEEDS YOU because…
The greater percentage of eligible members that we have in our organization the stronger it will be! This is your organization and we need your membership to help us stay connected, make a difference and have some great fun along the way.
To join the Retired Faculty and Staff Association click on the "join now" link below and fill out our secure online membership form. When you click "Submit" at the bottom of the form it will be e-mailed to us and you will receive an e-mail confirmation from an RFSA officer within a few hours.
Thank you for your interest in RFSA!
If you do not have e-mail, you may download our membership form
and mail the completed form to:
Retired Faculty and Staff Association
c/o University Advancement
601 University Dr.
960 J.C. Kellam Building
Texas State University
San Marcos, Texas 78666