Requesting a University Match of Dorm Beds for Participants in Grant-funded Programs: University Policy and Pre and Post Award Support Procedures
UPPS 07.03.02, Scheduling of Residential Facilities for Special Activities, outlines the procedures for requesting no-cost or reduced-cost housing in residence halls or university-owned apartments.
For grants, the President’s Cabinet has designated that up to 10,500 dorm beds will be available as a university match (during the summer months only). The summer months include May 15th through July 31st.
If you are preparing a grant proposal, please note that your request must be coordinated through the Pre and Post Award Support Services, and the following procedures must be followed:
- Submit request for bed nights only if the grant program to which you are applying requires a match.
- Make request to Senior Budget Specialists in writing (by e-mail and through PNF), justifying your need for the beds.
- Request beds only when you are writing a grant proposal, and only for the duration of the program. You should not reserve beds for a proposal that you anticipate writing, nor should you expect this match to continue beyond the grant period.
- If grant proposal is not funded, notify Pre and Post Award Support Services immediately so that your bed request may be returned to the pool of beds available; Pre and Post Award Support Services will notify Continuing Education and Residence Life.
- If grant proposal is funded, a Reservation Form (contract) must be completed through the Department of Residence Life.
- Please note that each grant will have to pay a $1 per bed per day fee to cover fire/life safety costs. This cost cannot be cost-shared.