Strategic Research Initiatives
About Strategic Research Initiatives
The mission of Strategic Research Initiatives (SRI) is to provide opportunities and support to researchers in an effort to increase the number and quality proposals submitted to external sponsors.
To support this mission, SRI provides a broad range of services including:
- Conduct grant writing workshops
- Manage the limited submission process
- Suggest collaborators (internal and external)
- Identify funding opportunities and potential sponsors for faculty
- Liaison with funding agencies
- Provide strategic advice on making proposals more competitive and building research teams
- Provide assistance in finding mentors and proposal reviewers
To inquire about SRI assistance, please contact Evy Gonzales, Director of Strategic Research Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-245-2314.
What is Strategic Research Initiatives?
Strategic Research Initiatives encompasses a set of strategic and capacity-building activities to help faculty, teams of researchers, and central administration attract external funding by developing and implementing tactics that enhance the research enterprise.