How to Report Concerns About Animals Used for Research and Teaching
WHAT TO REPORT?
- Animals being used for research or instruction without an IACUC approval, or
- An incidence of animal abuse or neglect on Texas State facilities or by Texas State students, faculty, or staff
HOW TO REPORT?
Call one of the following individuals:
- Dr. Michael Blanda, Assistant VP for Research and Sponsored Programs 512-245-2314
- Dr. Clay Green, IACUC Chair 512-393-1918
IF YOU PREFER TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS
- Call Ethicspoint Hotline 866-294-0987, or
- Submit an Anonymous Online Report:
- In the left column, titled ‘Submit A Report,’ select Texas State University
- In the column on the right side, titled ‘To File a Report,’ click on Regulatory Compliance
- On the next screen select ‘Other Research Concerns’
- Fill out the form and click on ‘Submit’
Individuals reporting concerns do not have to identify themselves and the University will, to the maximum extent possible, protect the privacy of those who report concerns.
TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY SITUATION
To report an emergency situation involving an animal on Texas State property:
- Contact the University Police Department 512-245-2805