Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
The Texas State Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) is charged with overseeing and evaluating all aspects of the care and use of vertebrate animals for research or instructional purposes.
ALL use of vertebrate animals by Texas State University faculty, staff and students MUST be covered by a current protocol approval from the IACUC.
Using the Bobcat Online Protocol System
The Bobcat Online Protocol (BOP) system integrates application submission, review, tracking, and communication in addition to providing researchers with secure permanent access to their approved protocols.
Just the basics. This takes you through the six steps required to start and save a new protocol application.
Video Walk Throughs
Brief (most are less than one minute) video screenshot tutorials that focus on key aspects of starting, submitting, and managing a protocol in the system such as logging in, navigation, creating an application, accessing applications in process, using the messaging center, and checking protocol status.
- Do I need a special log in for this system?
- I don't see the same form I used to have to complete. Am I in the right place?
- What are the advantages of this system over the previous one?
- How do I navigate from one section of the application to another?
- How will I know if I've skipped a question?
- What am I supposed to upload into the documents section?
- I've answered all the questions. Now, how do I submit my application?
- I've submitted my project but the start and end dates are wrong in the protocol summary. What happened?
- How can I find out the status of my application?
- How do I print my application?
- I got an email from the IACUC asking me to revise my application. How do I do that?