What is the Health Scholar Showcase?
- The Health Scholar Showcase is an event intended to foster dialog and networking among a growing number of Texas State faculty representing over 30 departments, schools, and centers in eight colleges. External guests from foundations, nonprofits, and other institutions in the area will also be invited to attend.
- Speakers include the CEO of St. David's Foundation, the CEO of CTMC, and the provost.
- Deans from each college on campus were invited to submit up to six thematic posters representing health research among faculty in their colleges.
- The event will include a Spotlight on Federal Funding to showcase currently funded NIH and HHS research and programs at Texas State.
- There will be a book exhibit showcasing health-related books written by Texas State faculty members.
- Each aspect of the event will be designed to allow attendees to introduce themselves and get to know the community of Texas State health researchers, explore information about current areas of research focus, and learn about future opportunities for research and sponsored programs.
Why was health research selected as the topic for this event?
- Research seeking to improve human health is not the domain of one academic discipline.
- There are currently faculty representing at least 30 different Texas State departments, schools, and centers and at least 8 colleges engaged in health-related research and sponsored programs activities. Health research is an area of tremendous opportunity and growth among faculty in every college on our campus. This event seeks to provide information and support for those interested in health research by connecting them with a larger community of Texas State health researchers.