Texas Section of the American Physical Society
Spring 2017 Meeting
San Antonio College
San Antonio, TX
Student Travel Awards
Please complete steps 1-3 below by February 20, 2017 at 5 PM to be eligible for a Student Travel Award.
Abstract Deadline is February 17, 2017
- Complete the application form located here.
- Submit an APS abstract with the student as the first author and presenter. Abstract deadline is February 17, 2017
- Have your research supervisor or department chair complete the form supporting the travel award.
Additionally before the meeting you will also need to take following steps.
- Pre-register for the meeting by February 24, 2017.
- Join the Texas Section of the American Physical Society. Membership is free for the first year for students. The application is available online and you just need to make sure and add the Texas Section.
Travel awards will be $50-200 for as many students as possible, but the funds are limited.
Students are expected to attend the major events of the meeting including the banquet. Receipients will be notified by e-mail by February 24, 2017. Once attendance at the meeting is confirmed a check will be issued to reimburse the applicant. Funds will not be received until 2-3 weeks after the meeting.
Student Presentation Awards - CLOSED, will reopen for Fall 2017
The Texas Section of the American Physical Society recognizes outstanding student presentations with cash prizes. Graduate students and undergraduate students are judged in separate categories. To ensure that your presentation is judged please complete the form located here. Both oral and poster presentations are eligible to win.
The presentation awards are not available at a spring meeting.
If you have questions about student travel or presentation awards, please contact the Secretary/Treasurer of the Texas Section of the American Physical Society, Heather Galloway, (512) 245-7916, email@example.com.