A person commits the fallacy of inconsistency when he or she makes contradictory claims.
- I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech and think artists should never be censored. However, when musicians like Marilyn Manson influence the youth, you have to draw a line and say no more.
- There is no evil in this world. Though evil exists in some parts of the world, we will overcome it sooner or later.
- Though basic human liberty is inviolable, a person like Smith has forfeited his right to be a human by committing such a heinous crime. He deserves to be tortured to death.
- Of course consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want. We are in a free country. But some things violate the laws of nature, and if people get caught doing those things, we should send them to jail.
- I do think you are an adult and can make your own decisions, but deciding whether you want to have a drink is too important and you'll have to wait until you are 21.
- I'm all for equal rights for women. I just think a woman's place is in the home.
- There are few philosophic truths more certain that this: all claims to truth in the realm of morality are subjective and arbitrary.
- Although religious beliefs are the proper object or faith, not reason, it would be hard to deny that some religious beliefs are simply irrational.