A Six Hour Graduate Certificate -
Now available on-line
This program acquaints students with major ethical issues in the workplace and offers instruction in how to address them and act responsible. An elective course allows students to consider their professional responsibilities in a broader context like the environment or the meaning of their lives.
To apply for the Graduate Certificate Program in Professional Ethics, use the APPLYTEXAS application (www.applytexas.org).
Professional Ethics (on-line and face-to-face)
A study of major topics in business and professional ethics, including what a profession is, whether it differs from business, and what is involved with the moral education, social responsibilities, and ethical standards of professional and business people.
Additional Elective (select one):
- Applied Philosophy (on-line and face-to-face)
- Environmental Ethics
- Meaning of Life
- Philosophy of Technology
- Philosophy of Education
- Problems in Philosophy (on-line and face-to-face)
- Philosophy of Sex and Love
- Philosophy of Sport
- Medical Ethics and Bioethics
COMPLETING THE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM:
NOTE: Certificates are awarded at the end of the 2-course program. This may be earlier than you complete your Master's or Doctorate.
1) YOU MUST APPLY USING APPLYTEXAS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE CERTIFICATE.
2) To complete the certificate program, participants are required to submit an Application of Completion by using the “Apply for Graduation” link in the Self-Service Banner system. Plan on doing this early in the semester in which you are taking your final course for the Certificate. Certificates are printed by the Registrar’s Office at the end of each term for those candidates who meet the “Apply for Graduation” deadlines. The certificates are distributed to recipients through the appropriate college dean.