This workshop for faculty and staff focuses on the unique needs of student Veterans, and offers insight on how assist them in a smooth transition from military service to academic life.
The goal of the workshop is to make Texas State a more “Veteran friendly” campus while helping student Veterans realize their potential as scholars from matriculation through graduation.
The two-and-one-half hour session covers topics such as:
· Today’s demographic of student Veterans,
· Transitioning home from deployment challenges,
· Student Veterans’ needs and risk factors,
· Veteran initiatives and services at Texas State, and
· How you as an individual faculty or staff member can help our student Veterans succeed!
“How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate
our heroes and she-roes!” —Maya Angelou
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.