Sales Tax Collection and Remittance
This workshop is designed to give you the knowledge you need when selling goods and services to university or non-university customers.
Specific topics will include:
- Review of new University Sales Tax Procedures Manual, which includes:
- Definition of taxable and non-taxable items and services
- Types of sales tax collected by university departments, service centers, etc.
- Sales tax calculation
- Departmental responsibilities for reporting and depositing sales tax.
- Review of Sales Tax Exemption Certificates and Resale Certificates.
- Rules on out of state purchasers.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
To register for this workshop:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.