This Institutional Research workshop will teach attendees how to use MS Excel Pivot Tables and other new tools at Texas State and elsewhere to gain access to information about higher education in Texas and the nation. Finding information on students, curricula, faculty, staff, and other areaswill be demonstrated. We will cover how to:
• look at an extensive and flexible set of Texas State data in tabular and graphical formats using MS Excel as the tool;
• make comparisons among Texas public colleges and universities using improved tools at the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board;
• compare public and private universities around the nation using improved data tools from the U.S. Department of Education; and
• use web-based data sources from the U.S. Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and other organizations as time permits.
Anyone with experience using a web browser and MS Excel will benefit from this workshop on how to access user-friendly information sources to support data-driven decisions.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
To register for this workshop:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.