Do you suffer from a fear of public speaking? Do you have trouble organizing your thoughts or lose your words when you make eye contact with your audience? If you're the type of speaker who gets caught up in "ums" and "ers" throughout your presentation, you're not alone. This 3-hour workshop is intended to help you prepare, boost your confidence, and manage your speaking anxiety during any type of presentation.
Goals of this workshop:
What you'll learn:
1. Simple techniques that put your nervous energy to work for you
2. Ways to organize your thoughts
3. Physical gesturing techniques to put both you and your audience at ease
4. Methods to hand the question and answer session
5. Different and individualized presentational styles that work for YOU
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.