Being a college student is hard and everyone needs support. FACES (Foster Care Alumni Creating Educational Success) is a program intended to assist students who are involved in the foster care system and attending or thinking about attending Texas State. The FACES initiative was awarded a $90,000 Public Benefit Grant from Texas Guaranteed Student Loan
Corporation. This award will provide approximately two years of support to expand and evaluate support services for foster care alumni at Texas State.
Workshop topics include:
- Overview of foster care
- Foster care in higher education
- Foster care at Texas State
- Overview of FACES
- Opportunities for supporting foster care alumni on campus
- Next steps: mentoring, Foster Care Advisory Council, etc.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
To register for this workshop:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.