This workshop is designed to give you the tools you need to make informed decisions about managing your records.
We will review the basic concepts of records management:
- Introduction to records management
- Texas records laws and responsibilities
- The difference between records and non-records
- How to request disposition of records
We will conduct hands-on training covering your individual needs:
- Find your records on the Records Retention Schedule
- Explanation of event-based retention periods
- A brief introduction to creating useful filing systems
There will be a question and answer session during the hands-on portion, and Kris will stay after the workshop to answer any specific questions you have about managing your records.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
To register for this workshop:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.