This workshop is designed to give you the tools you need to make informed decisions about managing your records.
We will review the basic concepts of records management:
- Introduction to records management
- Texas records laws and responsibilities
- The difference between records and non-records
- How to request disposition of records
We will review practical recordkeeping topics, including:
- Finding common records on the Records Retention Schedule
- Explanation of event-based retention periods
- A brief introduction to creating useful filing systems
In addition to the question and answer session, Kris will be available after the workshop to answer specific questions you have about managing your records.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
To register for this workshop:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.