This is an informative and interactive workshop for hiring managers about employment constraints and practices at Texas State University. Components of this workshop include:
- Federal and state laws that influence employment,
- Texas State University’s employment policies and procedures,
- Using the Electronic Applicant System (EASY) to create a requisition, post a vacant position, and manage the applicant pool,
- Recruitment and advertising strategies and methods,
- Screening resumes for required and preferred qualifications
- Constructing behavioral interview questions and conducting robust interviews,
- Scoring applicants using the hiring matrix, and
- Finalizing a successful hire!
The workshop will include exercises, group-work, and Q-and-A throughout for an immersive experience.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
To register for this workshop:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.