Although the University is legally accountable to the sponsor as the official recipient of a grant or contract, the Principal Investigator or Project Director is responsible for the proper fiscal management and conduct of the project. The PI has a responsibility to the sponsor, the department, the college or center, and the university to ensure that the requirements of the sponsored project are met and the policies of the university are followed. In this class, we will discuss certain grant management topics from the PI’s perspective. Covered topics may include:
• Sponsor terms and conditions
• Electronic effort reporting
• Fund management
• Initiation of required approvals
• Preparation and submission of reports
• Other required deliverables.
• Intellectual property and publication clauses
• Policies regarding research safety, protections, and integrity
• U.S. export control regulations
• Inventions and copyrightable material
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under External Funding.