GAMS (Grant Application Management System) provides a web-based means to create, track, approve, and submit proposal applications to sponsoring agencies. This workshop is designed to provide a functional overview of the internal routing process from the initiation of routing (by OSP and Principal Investigators) through the sequential review and approval by Chairs, Deans, Directors, and others within the organizational hierarchy as well as assigned proxies and auxiliary personnel. The instructor will demonstrate an on-line example highlighting the email notifications, accessing and viewing the information for review, approval actions, and subsequent email receipts. Additional GAMS facts….
• GAMS is a complete web-based application with a life-cycle information system for applying for and managing sponsor-funded research projects.
• GAMS is proposal development, routing and approval cycle, award management and advanced reporting.
• GAMS will improve the collection of required proposal information by investigators and administrators by providing a single location for the upload of proposal documents.
All new deans, chairs, and directors responsible for approving grant proposal submissions should attend this workshop.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
To register for this workshop:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 245.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
Go to https://ibis.sap.txstate.edu:50001/irj/portal to register on-line and click on the Training and Development tab. Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under External Funding.