INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING
Instructor-led workplace safety training is provided by Human Resources. Classes are scheduled directly with the supervisors of employees who require this training and is conducted monthly in their workplaces – there is no need for advance registration. Relevant employees who will benefit from this training include those who perform maintenance, grounds, custodial, electrical, plumbing and other facilities-related duties and other non-office related functions. Any employee whose work might include fall risks, health hazards, muscular/skeletal injuries and more. Employees working in these types of jobs are considered general industry employees.The University is required to provide this training annually for all general industry workers.
Note: This training complies with the following regulations and Accident Prevention Plans:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (29 U.S.C. 655), OSHA Regulations (29 CFR Standard 1910)
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 6,Food, Drugs, Alcohol and Hazardous substances, Subtitle D, Hazardous Substances Chapter 502,Hazard Communication Act.
- Requirements of the Texas Department of Insurance due to participation in the Worker’s Compensation Program administered by the University’s Worker’s Compensation Insurance Carrier, the State Office of Risk Management (SORM).
If this training is not currently offered in your workplace and you have questions about attending, please request that your supervisor contact: Margie Cameron, Human Resources Training Specialist TrainingOffice@txstate.edu
- Accident Prevention, Risk Analysis and Worker's Compensation
- Asbestos Awareness
- Back Safety and Safe Lifting Practices
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Other Potentially Infectious Materials
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- Drug Free Workplace, Tobacco Free Campus and Bobcat Balance
- Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Fall Prevention
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Procedures
- First Aid and Post Injury/Illness Procedures
- Heat Stress, Nature and Weather Hazards
- Ladder, Scaffold, Lift and Stairway Safety
- Respiratory Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
EHSRM Online Safety Training
This training is prepared and monitored by the Environmental Health Safety and Risk Management Department. These courses are assigned to employees according to their job codes; employees will receive notification to complete the required course in SAP.
- Hazardous Communication
- Hazardous Waste
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures
For more information, follow this link: http://www.fss.txstate.edu/ehsrm/Training.html
For questions, contact EHSRM at firstname.lastname@example.org