CEU—Texas State Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Many Texas State employees are required to earn a specified number of continuing education units (CEUs) during their annual evaluation cycle. The number of hours is specified/recommended by their division vice president. These CEUs are earned by attending workshops offered on campus or by attending off-site workshops/activities on a 1 CEU per 1 contact hour basis, e.g., a participant at a 4-hour workshop will receive 4 CEUs for that workshop.
The employee is responsible for documentation of CEUs required through their division.
CPE—Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Program for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
Professional Development is registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as Continuing Professional Education (CPE) sponsor for Texas Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE program. This program is designed by the Board to increase the professional competence of the licensee to benefit the public and enhance work performance. The workshops offered by Professional Development are classified by the Board as “non-technical courses such as, but not limited to, communications, ethics, behavioral science, practice management and advanced courses in foreign languages relating to accounting, which are of benefit to a licensee or a licensee's employer(s).” [Rule 523.103(b)(2)]
Courses that have been offered for CPE credit through Professional Development in the past include:
- Allies Training (4 credits)
- Creating Effective Filing Systems for Paper and Electronic Records (2 credits)
- Facilitation Skills (17.5 credits)
- Identity Crisis: Protect Yourself From Identity Theft (3 credits)
- Mobile Device Security (2 credits)
- Providing Legendary Customer Service (4 credits)
- QPR--Suicide Prevention Training (2 credits)
- Securing Confidential Information (2 credits)
- Survival Spanish (10 credits)
- Teambuilding (17.5 credits)
- The Office Battlefield: Don't Become a Casualty of Workplace Violence (3 credits)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® (21 credits)
Courses that qualify for the program are noted on the semester listing of workshops with a CPE notation. Attendees should use their attendance verification they receive in SAP as proof of attendance. CPE hours are earned at a rate of 1 CPE credit per 50 contact minutes involved in a workshop. For credit purposes, use Sponsor ID: 009805.
For more information about the CPE program and the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy please visit: http://www.tsbpa.state.tx.us/.