Welcome to Professional Development
On our website you will find current workshop offerings, information for presenting a workshop via our office, resources, and information on room reservations. We invite you to make use of the information contained here as a fulfillment of Texas State's belief in supporting life-long learning for all employees. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us.
The mission of Professional Development is to provide quality opportunities to Texas State faculty and staff that will assist in their personal and professional development.
Professional Development is responsible for the following functions:
- providing workshops for personal and professional development;
- oversight of the system that provides documentation of learning accomplishments, licenses, and certifications for employees;
- coordination of the monthly New Employee Welcome (NEW) program--part II for all new employees;
- coordination of annual Employee Wellness Fair;
- coordination of blood drives through Central Texas Blood and Tissue Center;
- coordination of workshop and meeting space with support equipment in JCK 460 for Texas State employees.
The Professional Development Advisory Council encourages collaboration among the teaching, training and development entities on campus.