Diversity and Inclusion
"If we are to achieve a richer culture, rich in contrasting values, we must recognize the whole gamut of human potentialities, and so weave a less arbitrary social fabric, one in which each diverse human gift will find a fitting place." -Margaret Mead
In support of an increasingly diverse campus environment, Texas State University in San Marcos uses a diversity management system based on a shared responsibility model that supports progress toward meeting our diversity goals. Annually Texas State participates in a reporting process that provides analysis on our program.
- Instituting a program of faculty and staff development to enhance campus diversity
- Implementing strategies that will support diversity learning in the classroom.
- Enhancing recruitment of African American and Hispanic students
- Ensuring higher levels of African American and Hispanic student retention
- Ensuring effective recruitment of African American and Hispanic faculty and staff
- Using Texas State's internally and externally projected image to promote our commitment to diversity
- Making funds available through Research Enhancement Grants to conduct research on diversity issues.
- Creating a system of oversight, assessment, and accountability to ensure that the goal of greater diversity is achieved.
- Annually recommending to the President, faculty and a staff nominees for the Excellence in Diversity Award