Skip to Content

What to Do if Sexual Misconduct is Reported

What to Do if Sexual Misconduct is Reported


Texas State University System Sexual Misconduct Policy

If you need to make a report, please contact Dr. Luizzi,

Interim Title IX Coordinator at 512.245.2539.



At this website, you can file a report for any of the following categories of sexual misconduct:

  • Sexual Assault
  • Dating Violence
  • Stalking
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Domestic Violence
  • Sexual Exploitation
  • Sexual Intimidation (Cyber-stalking, Indecent Exposure, etc.)

You can file a report for someone else.

You can file a report anonymously.

You can file a report using a pseudonym.

What 'Responsible Employees' should do when a complainant comes to them to report sexual misconduct 


  • Before a Complainant reveals any information to a responsible employee, the employee should ensure that the Complainant understands the employee’s reporting obligations - and, if the Complainant wants to maintain confidentiality, direct the Complainant to confidential resources.  
    • Counseling Center
    • Student Health Center
    • Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center
    • Attorney for Students



  • Document additional information regarding the reported incident


  • Explain the investigatory process to the Complainant
    • Title IX coordinator must be notified
    • Investigation will occur
    • Finding will be issued
    • Possible sanctions will occur


  • Explain the options for reporting to law enforcement authorities, whether on campus or local police


  • Discuss confidentiality standards and concerns with the Complainant and advise that confidentiality may impact the University’s ability to investigate fully


  • An individual may also report an incident of sexual misconduct to the University Police Department


  • Discuss with the Complainant, as appropriate, possible interim accommodations/measures that would make the Complainant feel safe
    • Campus no-contact orders
    • Reassignment of housing or work assignments
    • Temporary withdrawal or suspension from the Component
    • Escort or transportation assistance
    • Modification of class schedules
    • Restrictions from specific activities or facilities

What to do when you receive a report PDF

 Medical Services: the person may want to seek confidential medical attention to care for her or himself or to preserve evidence of the assault in the event criminal charges might be contemplated later.


1301 Wonder World Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666
      Open Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. — 6 p.m.;
Friday: 8 a.m. — 5 p.m.
 2.   Corridor Medical Clinic
1348 Highway 123 South
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Open Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. — 6 p.m.;
Friday: 8 a.m. — 5 p.m.
3.    St. David's Urgent Care
5401 South FM 1626, Suite 140 (next to the HEB Plus)
Kyle, Texas 78640 (exit 215 off I-35)
Open Monday - Saturday: 8 a. m. — 8 p.m.;
Sunday: 11 a.m. — 7 p.m.
4.     Rediclinic
5401 South FM 1626 (in the HEB Plus)
Kyle, Texas 78640 (exit 215 off I-35)
      Open Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. — 8 p.m.;
Saturday: 9 a.m. — 5 p.m.; Sunday: 10 a.m. — 5 p.m.
5.     Texas MedClinic
958 IH 35N
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
Open 8 a.m. — 11 p.m., seven days a week
b.   Counseling Services : the person may want to speak with a professional counselor in a confidential setting.
c.       Law Enforcement: the person may wish to contact law enforcement even if the person has not decided whether to pursue criminal charges. Police can advise the person of options, help preserve evidence while the victim considers those options, and assist in safety planning and consideration. Contacting law enforcement does not mean the person must pursue criminal charges.
d.      Dean of Students Office: a student can speak with the Dean of Students Office staff for any of the following matters:
  •                    Assistance with classes or housing
  •                    Information about interim steps to protect the student or campus
  •                    Information about the student disciplinary process
  •                   Additional services or resources on campus or in the community
1.       Let the person know that you need to disclose the assault to the Dean of Students Office for purposes of complying with the Clery Act (a federal law requiring that campuses report and track crime statistics). This disclosure can be as broad or narrow as the person wants -- you do not need to disclose the name of the person you are meeting with if that person does not give permission to do so. In that case, simply report as much about the assault as you can (date, location) without identifying the person. To notify the Dean of Students Office, call (512) 245-2124.

2.       Let the person know about the Sexual Misconduct webline -- consider showing the person the web page in your office and printing off a copy. The webpage has many resources and other helpful information for a person who has experienced a sexual assault.

3.       Let the person know you believe and support her or him, and that you hope they will take some steps to help and care for her or himself.