Posted by Jayme Blaschke
Office of Media Relations
August 30, 2017
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding recent weather events associated with Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey.
- Why did Texas State University begin classes on Tuesday, August 29?
The university delayed the beginning of the fall 2017 semester because of storm-related warnings.
- What should students do if they cannot attend classes in San Marcos or Round Rock because of Harvey?
Students should directly contact their instructors to make arrangements for missed class work and assignments. Students should also contact the Dean of Students Office at (512) 245-2124 or email@example.com. Faculty and staff who can’t make it to work should contact their appropriate supervisors.
- Are payment deadlines being extended for those affected by the storm?
Because of the threat posed by the hurricane a decision was made last Thursday, August 24, for Student Business Services not to cancel students for non-payment as originally scheduled for Friday, August 25. Those impacted students have been given an extended payment deadline of 5 p.m. August 31, (which is the 4th class day).
- How has flooding in Houston impacted this weekend's Bobcat football game?
Texas State Athletic officials have been in contact with their counterparts from Houston Baptist University and officials from both schools have agreed to play the game as scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday at Bobcat Stadium.
- What resources are available to assist students or employees who have suffered physical losses or who are experiencing emotional stress as a result of the storm?
Students can get help from Texas State’s Counseling Center, which has numerous resources available to help individuals coping with loss or emotional stress: www.counseling.txstate.edu/.
Faculty and staff can visit: mindsmatter.vpsa.txstate.edu/
- Where can I find more information about emergency procedures at Texas State?
- How can I receive Texas State emergency alerts?
Sign up for TXST Alerts at www.police.txstate.edu/Emergency-Management.html