Posted by Jayme Blaschke
University News Service
May 27, 2011
Texas State University-San Marcos laid claim to 13 Austin Critics Table Award nominations as university productions, art exhibitions, alumni and affiliated talent were recognized for outstanding work in the 2010-2011 season.
Comprised of arts critics from the Austin American-Statesman and the Austin Chronicle, the Austin Critics’ Table recognizes outstanding achievement in the arts. The 16th annual awards recognize events between May 1, 2010 and April 30, 2011. The awards ceremony will be Monday, June 6.
Texas State-affiliated award nominations include:
- Costume Design: Guest artist Susan Branch Towne for All Shook Up (and Drowsy Chaperone)
- Costume Design: Alum Jillan Hanel for A Writer’s Vision
- Sound Design: Alum Adam Hilton for Bug
- Production, Musical: Texas State for The Wild Party
- Direction: Kaitlin Hopkins for All Shook Up and The Wild Party
- Acting in a Leading Role: Lauren Lane for Becky’s New Car and August: Osage County
- Acting in a Leading Role: Nadine Mozon for Delta Rhapsody
- Acting in a Leading Role: Babs George (2011-2012 guest artist) for Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Acting in a Supporting Role: Per course faculty David Stahl for The 39 Steps, Eurydice and Laughter on the 23rd Floor
- Ensemble Performance: Texas State for All Shook Up
- Music Direction: Greg Bolin for All Shook Up and The Wild Party
- Movement: Robin Lewis for All Shook Up, The Wild Party (and Drowsy Chaperone and Rent)
- Group Gallery Exhibition: SUBstainability, curated by Mary Mikel Stump and Andy Campbell.