Posted by Jayme Blaschke
University News Service
June 9, 2009
The Staff Council at Texas State University-San Marcos is accepting scholarship applications through June 15. The scholarship program is open to current staff members attending classes at Texas State. The eligibility qualifications are outlined below. An application form may be downloaded at the bottom of the article.
Staff Council serves as an integral part of the Texas State University organizational structure and provides a liaison between the President's Office and Texas State staff. The Staff Council Scholarship is one of the efforts of Staff Council to enhance, enrich and provide increased status and support for Texas State staff employees in the endeavor for higher education.
- The Staff Council will offer an annual scholarship(s) in the amount of $1000.00 to be disbursed as $500 each long semester through the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- The Staff Council Scholarship & Awards Committee will review applications and determine eligibility based on the Scholarship requirements.
- The Staff Council Scholarship & Awards Committee will forward its recommendations to the entire Staff Council who will vote for the award recipient(s).
- The scholarship is funded entirely through fund raising and charitable contributions.
- Recipients who fail to maintain their eligibility may forfeit any future eligibility and may be required to fully reimburse the Staff Council Scholarship Fund.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
- Eligible applicants must be a full time Texas State staff employee or the child or dependent of a Texas State staff employee.
- The Scholarship will first accommodate Texas State staff employees. If additional funds are available, we will award a child or dependent of a Texas State staff employee.
- A Texas State staff employee must have been employed at least 12 consecutive months prior to the application deadline for them or their child or ward to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Texas State staff employees must be enrolled in at least 3 semester hours at Texas State for the upcoming Fall semester or their child or ward must be enrolled in 12 semester undergraduate hours at Texas State for the upcoming Fall semester.
- The Texas State staff employee must have a current appraisal score of 300+ to qualify for the Staff Council Scholarship.
- Applicants who have completed college hours must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Entering freshmen child or dependent of Texas State staff employees must be admitted to Texas State University.
Applicants must be registered/enrolled at Texas State for the Fall 2009 semester. The Application Deadline is 5:00 pm, June 15, 2009. All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 5:00 pm of the Deadline date to be accepted for consideration for scholarship award. Scholarship awards will be determined by August 15, 2009. Scholarship recipients will be notified of an award by a Staff Council Officer.
Staff Council Scholarship Application