Staff Council serves as an integral part of the University organizational structure to provide a liaison between the President's Office and staff. The Council promotes and endeavors to enhance the status of Texas State staff. The Staff Council Scholarship is one of the efforts of Staff Council to enhance, enrich and provide support for staff employees in the endeavor for higher education.
- The Staff Council will offer an annual scholarship in the amount of $1000.00 to be paid each Fall through the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- The Scholarship & Awards Committee will review applications and will qualify those applicants that fulfill the Scholarship requirements.
- The Scholarship & Awards Committee will forward its recommendations to Staff Council. Staff Council will review the recommended applicants and award those voted on.
- The scholarship is funded entirely through fund raising and charitable contributions.
- Recipients who fail to maintain their eligibility as stated by the Scholarship rules in the application packet may forfeit any future eligibility and may be required to fully reimburse the Staff Council Scholarship Fund.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
- Eligible applicants must be a full time Texas State staff employee or the child or a ward of a Texas State staff employee.
- A Texas State staff employee must have been employed at least 12 consecutive months prior to the application deadline for them or their child or ward to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Texas State staff employees must be enrolled in at least 3 semester hours at Texas State for the upcoming Fall semester or their child or ward must be enrolled in 12 semester undergraduate hours at Texas State for the upcoming Fall semester.
- The Texas State staff employee must have an evaluation of 300+ to qualify for the Staff Council Scholarship.
- Applicants who have completed college hours must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Entering freshmen child or ward of Texas State staff employees must be admitted to Texas State University.
- The Scholarship will first accommodate Texas State staff employees. If there are additional funds, we will entertain the awarding of the child or a ward of a Texas State staff employee.
Applications must be registered/enrolled at Texas State for the Fall 2008 semester. The Application Deadline is July 31, 2008. All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 5:00 pm of the Deadline date to be accepted for consideration for scholarship award. Scholarship awards will be determined by August 15, 2008. Scholar recipients will be notified of an award by a Staff Council Officer.