Date released: 08/1204
SAN MARCOS – Seven faculty members from Texas State University-San Marcos will deliver free public lectures on a wide range of topics as part of the 2004-05 Wimberley Lecture Series.
The lectures will be held at 7 p.m. at Chapel in the Hills in Wimberley on the second Tuesday of each month, with the exception of December. The scheduled topics include:
- September 14, Hatred: Texas State’s Topic of the Year for Conversations with the Community, presented by Randall Osborne, Chair, Psychology department.
- October 12, Hail to the Chief: A Historical View of the Nation’s Highest Office, presented by Ted Hindson, Political Science faculty. November 9, Cabeza de Vaca to Lonesome Dove:Treasures of the Southwestern Writers Collection, presented by Connie Todd, Special Collections curator.
- January 11, It’s Not the Cleavers Anymore: A Look at American Families, presented by Michelle Toews, Family and Consumer Sciences faculty.
- February 8, Russia and the Catholic Church: A Relationship that Explains the Strain with the West, presented by Dennis Dunn, International Studies Director.
- March 8, Xeriscaping & Wildscaping: Learning to Just Say “No Mow!” presented by Brock Brown, Geography faculty.
- April 12, Islam Revisited, presented by Byron Augustin, Geography faculty.