Start date: 2016 Academic Year (September 1)
Hours: 50 percent appointment (20 hours per week with flexible scheduling)
Salary: $1,095 monthly for 9 month appointment
- Media release writing
- Independent story development and source cultivation
- Interaction with news media
- Good writing skills, including familiarity with the AP Stylebook
- Enrolled at Texas State University as a graduate student in the Fall 2016 semester
- Receive unconditional admission acceptance to a Master’s level program of study--prefer majors in the College of Fine Arts & Communication (such as journalism and mass communication), or other majors requiring strong writing and communication skills
- Enroll in 9 semester credit hours each semester when employed in this position
This position entails feature writing, media releases and articles, plus other jobs as needed. GRA candidates should be motivated and capable of meeting set deadlines with limited supervision. Photography skills are useful, but not necessary. Fluency in Spanish is useful, but not required. Backgrounds in print journalism are strongly preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, at least two writing samples, transcripts of all academic coursework and three professional references to Jayme Blaschke via email at JB71@txstate.edu. Hard copy submissions may be sent to the Office of Media Relations, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666.