Center for Multicultural and Gender Studies
Dr. Audwin L. Anderson, Director
Texas State Faculty Publications and Presentations
The Women and Gender Research Collaborative (WGRC) of the Center for Multicultural and Gender Studies is an organization of scholars who are interested in research around women and gender issues in the United States and the world. The Collaborative founded in 2008, annually publishes the peer reviewed online international Journal of Research on Women and Gender. In addition, WGRC sponsors international symposia, the first was held in 2010, in collaboration with the University of Peking in Beijing, China.
- To promote scholarship on women and gender issues by encouraging and supporting faculty and student research.
- To share in-progress and completed research on women and gender issues.
- To network on publications, conference presentations, and grant writing.
- To encourage the development of women and gender courses at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Recognition of outstanding student and faculty women’s studies scholars.
- Annual publication of the Journal of Research on Women and Gender, with special issues periodically related to symposia.
- Scholarships for women students.
- Maintenance of a website with information about women and gender issues and activities.
The Collaborative holds business meetings twice a year, at the end of the fall and spring semester on one of the official reading days.