The Summer Teacher Institute is designed to prepare schools to use the Mathworks curriculum during the school year. Mathworks provides teacher professional development, equipping middle school teachers with the mathematical background and training needed to prepare all students for success in algebra. This teacher training program is designed to:
- Enable teachers to use the Mathworks school-year curriculum, Math Explorations
- Train teachers to successfully begin teaching pre-algebra and algebraic concepts at the middle school level.
- Develop teams of teachers who are prepared to guide students for success in algebra and more advanced math courses
This two-week training program is conducted each summer in San Marcos in early June. In the morning, teacher trainees will actively observe master teachers and students during the half-day Junior Summer Math Camp program. In the afternoon, teachers participate in a class covering pedagogy and teaching methods tied to the Mathworks curriculum. For more information about our teacher training, please contact us at 512-245-3439 or email@example.com.
The Mathworks summer teacher training program includes:
- 30 hours – working with master teachers during the mornings at our half-day Junior Summer Math Camp
- 30 hours – attending a class in the afternoons
Program cost $3000.
Possible funding available through grant funding and district support. Contact us for additional information.
Note: A total of 45 hours of Professional Continuing Education hours are awarded, approved by the State Board for Education (SBOE).
Mathworks Curriculum Guiding Principles
Download our research-based guiding principles.