Highlighting the latest in research from Mathworks!
Below are articles, published papers, and presentations authored by Mathworks faculty and students. This includes topics on theoretical mathematics and mathematics education.
- Hiroko Warshauer: "Strategies To Support Productive Struggle", Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, Vol. 20, No. 7, March 2015
- Nama Namakshi, Sonalee Bhattacharyya, Christina Starkey, Jeanne-Marie Linker: "Mystical Magic Squares", Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, Vol. 20, No. 6, February 2015
- Hiroko Warshauer: "Productive Struggle In Middle School Mathematics Classrooms", Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education, August 2014
- Max Warshauer: "A Modest Research Proposal", Notices of the American Math Society, January 2013
- Max Warshauer: Handouts from workshop at NCTM Regional Conference in Chicago, November 2012:
- Max Warshauer, Terry McCabe, Alejandra Sorto, Sharon Strickland, Hiroko Warshauer: "Equity" from The Peak In The Middle, 2010
- Alejandra Sorto, Terry McCabe, Max Warshauer, Hiroko Warshauer: "Understanding the Value of a Question", Journal of Mathematical Sciences and Mathematics Education, 2009.
- Eugene Curtin, Max Warshauer: "The Locker Puzzle" from The Mathematical Intelligencer, 2006
- Max Warshauer: "Geometric Explorations with the Geometer's Sketchpad" from Mathematics & Informatics Quarterly, 2003
- Willie Yong, Max Warshauer: "Arithmetic and Geometric Mean" from Menemui Matematik (Discovering Mathematics), 2002
- Max Warshauer, Terry McCabe: "Why Number Theory is an Ideal Subject for an Honors Course", The National Honors Report, Spring 2001
- Don Hazlewood, Sandy Stouffer, Max Warshauer: "Suzuki Meets Polya" from Arithmetic Teacher, 1989
- Lily Xu, Soma Mitra-Behura, Brandon Alston, and Shuying Sun: "Identifying DNA Methylation Variation Patterns To Obtain Potential Breast Cancer Biomarker Genes," International Journal Of Biomedical Data Mining, 2015.
- Vinciane Chen, Angeline Rao, Lucas Rusnak, Alex Yang: "A characterization of oriented hypergraphic balance via signed weak walks," Linear Algebra and its Applications, Volume 285, 15 November 2015.
- Edward Early, Patrick Kim, and Michael Proulx: "Goldbach's Pigeonhole", The College Mathematics Journal, Vol. 46, No. 2, March 2015
- Angeline Rao, Ying Liu, Yezhou Feng, Jian Shen: "Bounds on the Number of Huffman and Binary-Ternary Trees", presented at the American Math Society Fall Eastern Sectional Meeting, October 2013
- Daniel Wang, George Qi: "Attainability of the Chromatic Numbers of Functigraphs", presented at the International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks (ISPAN), December 2012
- Joseph Lee, Elysia Sheu, Xingde Jia: "Extremal Cayley Graphs of Finite Cyclic Groups", Journal of Interconnection Networks, March/June 2008.
- Hannah Chung, Daniela Ferrero, Alan Taylor, Jeremy Warshauer: "Diameter of Path Graphs", Journal of Discrete Mathematical Science and Cryptography, 2004
- Janet Chen, Susan Morey, Anne Sung: "The Stable Set of Associated Primes of the Ideal of a Graph," Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 2002
- Max Warshauer: "Conway's Parallel Sorting Algorithm" from the Journal of Algorithms, 1986