The half-day JSMC is held in San Marcos, Texas:
- We do an open enrollment (we keep registering students until we have reached capacity). There is no admissions/selection process for the half-day JSMC. We simply keep registering all interested students who apply until we have reached capacity.
- We serve 180-200 students each summer in the half-day Junior Summer Math Camp
- We hold this program in partnership with San Marcos CISD
- See below for more information about need-based camp scholarships
The full tuition cost is $400. This includes a non-refundable $25 fee. Your student's spot in the summer math camp is ensured only when you have paid in full.
- Full refund: if you withdraw your student before May 1st
- Half refund: if you withdraw your student before May 15th
- No refunds: if withdrawing after May 15th
Students are expected to follow all rules and regulations and to respect camp property and facilities. Parents will be billed for any damage caused by their children's negligence. If a student is being a major distraction to the learning of others or poses safety concerns, the parent/guardian will be notified and asked to pick up their student as soon as possible.
* Exceptions to grade level will be made depending on mathematical background and experience. Class changes can be made only on the first two days of camp if space is available.
- Complete the online student application form
- Remember to complete the financial aid section of the application if you wish to apply for a camp scholarship
- The official application deadline is May 15th. We highly encourage you to apply much earlier than the deadline, as we enroll applicants until the camp is filled.
- We award need-based camp scholarships based on the amount of external funding (grants and donations) we have each summer.
- Scholarship decisions will be made by May 15th.
To better access which Math Quest Class your student should be placed in please follow this link!
Mathworks does not provide transportation for students.
San Marcos CISD will provide bus transportation only for San Marcos CISD students attending the half-day JSMC. We will have information about times and routes in late May. For more information about the buses, contact San Marcos School District at 393-6700.
For parents dropping off students, please walk your student into the cafeteria of the San Marcos High School, and sign in your student. When you are checking out your student, please sign them out.
|Sample Daily Schedule (Classes are held Monday - Friday)7:30 - 8:00am, Breakfast|
|8:00 - 10:00am, Class|
|10:00 - 10:30am, Break/Snack|
|10:30 - Noon, Class|
|Noon - 12:30pm, Lunch|