The first annual Texas State University Jazz Saxophone Festival will take place from May 18-21, 2015. The festival provides a unique learning opportunity for serious saxophonists to engage with masters in the field, including combo clinics, master classes, and concerts. Application information below.
Prospective Daily Schedule
- 10-12: Student combo performances for artist (four combos, 30 minutes each)
- 12-1: Lunch
- 1-2:30: Artist master class
- 2:30-4: Artist rehearsal with local rhythm section (open to attendees)
- 4-6: Dinner break
- 6-8: Artist concert
Packages and Pricing
Performer Package ($300)
- You perform for each guest artist (with house rhythm section) and receive feedback. There are a limited number of openings; performers will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Access to all master classes, open rehearsals, and evening concerts.
Participant Package ($200)
- Access to all master classes, open rehearsals, and evening concerts, but you will not perform for guest artists
Concert Package ($100)
- Includes access to all evening guest artist concerts only
Those wishing to participate in the Jazz Saxophone Festival must complete the online submsission form.
All events will be held at the Performing Arts Center Recital Hall on the Texas State University campus located at 405 Moon Street, San Marcos TX 78666.