The first annual Texas State University Jazz Saxophone Festival will take place from May 18-21, 2015. The festival provides a unique learning opportunity for serious saxophonists to engage with masters in the field, including combo clinics, master classes, and concerts. Application information below.
Prospective Daily Schedule
- 10-12: Student combo performances for artist (four combos, 30 minutes each)
- 12-1: Lunch
- 1-2:30: Artist master class
- 2:30-4: Artist rehearsal with local rhythm section (open to attendees)
- 4-6: Dinner break
- 6-8: Artist concert
Packages and Pricing
- Performer Package ($300): Includes combo performance for artists, access to all master classes, open rehearsals, and evening concerts. There's a limited number of openings; performers will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participant Package ($200): Includes access to all master classes, open rehearsals, and evening concerts, but does not include performance for guest artists
- Concert Package ($100): Includes access to all evening guest artist concerts only
Those wishing to participate in the Jazz Saxophone Festival must complete the online submsission form.
All events will be held at the Performing Arts Center Recital Hall on the Texas State University campus located at 405 Moon Street, San Marcos TX 78666.