The mission of the International Studies undergraduate program is to provide quality, interdisciplinary education to majors about international affairs in order that they will be prepared for careers in the public and private sectors and for further professional education in international studies and its allied fields. Students will learn the necessary research and writing skills to pursue careers in law, diplomacy, international affairs, and graduate study in international studies.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of an interdisciplinary perspective, global issues, global processes, global trends, global systems, and foreign policy constants.
- Students will demonstrate oral and written communication skills in international studies with a focus on international business, foreign policy, or travel and tourism.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze an international relations problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct research on international relations problems quickly and intelligibly.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of their culture in a global and comparative context.