Career Services for International Students
Career Services understands your unique career concerns as an international student studying in the United States. You may consider going back to your country after graduation or stay in the U.S. and pursue your career here. Either way, career services is here to assist you in this career finding journey.
Their office provides students with essential services to help them in their career endeavors. Whether finding a major, critiquing resumes or preparing for an interview, they are here every step of the way. Set up an appointment today!
Hours of Operation
Regular academic year (while classes are in session)
Mon - Thurs: 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Mon - Fri: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Career Services offers these helpful services:
- Jobs 4 Cats is your Texas State Online Connection to:
- On- and Off-campus part-time jobs, summer work and internship listings
- On- and Off-campus Work-Study jobs
- On-Campus Recruiting for full-time jobs and internships
- Central storage for resumes, cover letters, transcripts, class schedules, etc.
- Online submission of files to employers
- Track your resume referrals and on-campusRSVP for employer Information Sessions
* Click here
for more information on registering for Jobs 4 Cats
- Career Counseling:
- Individual Career Counseling: Students are encouraged to discuss their choice of major, as well as related career plans, with the counseling staff of Career Services. Appointments for these services are recommended at least 2 - 3 days in advance. Our professional staff is also available to review resumes and cover letters, and offer suggestions for possible improvement.
- Assessment Inventories: Career assessments can help students understand their skills, interests, personality traits, work values, and how these relate to majors and jobs. If you are interested in an assessment, contact Career Services at 512.245.2645, and counselors can assist you with the assessment process.
- Resume Assistance: Professional reviews of resumes, cover letters or any documents required for employment are offered through our counselors, through a number of convenient options:
- Walk-in hours for reviews [no appointment necessary], varies during the year. Please check our home page www.careerservices.txstate.edu for current days and times.
- 48-hour Review: students and alumni can email their documents to our counseling staff for review. Suggested changes will be emailed back within 48 business hours.
- Interview Assistance: Don’t expect to be an expert interviewee without anticipating questions and organizing your thoughts. Rehearse, role-play and tape yourself. The Career Services Office provides mock interviews for students. During a mock interview a career advisor will ask you questions as if you were in a real interview. You can also request to be video recorded, so that you can review the interview and see what areas you should focus on improving.
- Click here to request a practive interview
- On-Campus Interviewing: On Campus Interviewing is a process used by employers to recruit Texas State University students and alumni. Employers post their interview schedules in Jobs4Cats, which includes a job description, minimum requirements, timeline and application instructions.
- To view the available interview schedules, log into Jobs4Cats* and click On Campus Interviewing. You can narrow your search by searching by your Major, etc. It is important that your Jobs4Cats profile is up-to-date, including but not limited to, your GPA, Major, Graduation Date, email address, etc.