Because TSIE is housed within Texas State University-San Marcos, certain requirements will need to be met before a student is eligible to apply to any conditional or non-conditional admission program offered by TSIE. The list below details some general admission requirements needed to study at Texas State and/or in one of TSIE's programs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of class enrollment
- Must have completed secondary school (high school) and earned a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Must apply and be accepted to Texas State University-San Marcos if interested in earning a degree from a specific program at Texas State
- Must apply and be accepted to TSIE if only interested in improving academic English
- Must attend all advising, orientation, and placement testing meetings administered by the Admission Office, TSIE, and/or the International Office after accepting the offer to study at Texas State University
- Must maintain semesterly contact with the Undergraduate Admission Office (if an undergraduate student) or the Graduate College (if a graduate student) and all program advisors to address any changes in information and/or plans of study
- Must maintain 85% or higher attendance rate during each semester at TSIE per the requirements of studying under the conditions of an F-1 Student Visa
- Must maintain a grade of "C" or higher in all classes, including TSIE classes, if studying under an undergraduate Bridge contract; must maintain a grade of "B" or higher in all classes, including TSIE classes, if studying under a graduate Bridge contract
If you would like to know more details about an individual program's requirements, please go to our program's page here.