Latino Stars in the Constellation of the Rising Star
Latino Stars are Texas State University Faculty or Staff member who have been exceptional in the advancement of Latinos in post-secondary education.
Nominations for the following awards can be anonymous and submitted by any member of the Texas State community - this includes students, staff and faculty. If you wish to nominate several individuals, complete one nomination per submission.
Awards will be presented during the Annual Latino Stars in the Constellation of the Rising Star Awards Program.
Recently, at the HPN Symposium, five faculty and staff were recognized as Latino Stars. These five Latinas (emphasizing that all recipients this year are women) are (left to right):
- Dr. Susana Villanueva Eguia Lis, Modern Languages Department/College of Liberal Arts (second from left)
- Dr. Laura Rodriguez Amaya, LBJ Institute for STEM Education and Research & College of Education (left-center)
- Ms. Michelle Monique Sotolongo Riquer, Honors College (right-center)
- Dr. Anna Moczygemba, University College (second from right)
- Dr. Araceli Martínez Ortiz, LBJ Institute for STEM Education and Research & College of Education (not in picture)
Please continue to help us congratulate them and thank them for their tireless efforts in helping Latinos/as/x succeed in higher education. Further below, please see a sampling of their work and why these extraordinary professionals were selected as the 2017-2018 Latino Star Award recipients.
Photo also includes:
- Ismael Amaya, Assistant Dean of Students, Dean of Students & HPN President (2017-2018) - far left
- Jesse Silva, Assistant Director, Student Diversity and Inclusion & President-Elect (2018-2019) - far right